Details on PMI.ORG web site
Congratulations PfMP credential holders! The first group of Portfolio Management Professionals learned in early May that they now have the distinction of holding PMI’s new certification.
Ready to apply? Register and log in to get started.
PMI’s Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)SM credential recognizes the advanced experience and skill of portfolio managers. The PfMP® credential holders are responsible for the execution of the portfolio management process, communication around portfolio progress, and recommendations for action. Where project and program managers are responsible for “doing work right,” this is an ideal credential if you are responsible for ensuring your organization is “doing the right work.”
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent), with at least seven years (10,500 hours) of portfolio management experience within the past 15 consecutive years.
- A four year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent), with at least four years (6,000 hours) of portfolio management experience within the past 15 consecutive years.
- Since portfolio management focuses on strategic investment matters and high level organizational decisions, it is pertinent to have a foundation of professional business experience. All applicants must possess a minimum of eight years (96 months) of professional business experience.
How to apply and prepare for the exam
- To apply for the PfMP, register and log in to oPMI’s online system to get started.
- Need more information? Get more information on the PfMP’s role and requirements. For a more detailed look, consult the PfMP Handbook.
- Ready to take the exam? Use the PfMP exam guidance for information about the exam, tips for preparing, and important updates.