Help shape the next edition of PMI’s flagship publication by participating in the exposure draft process (guide section), open now.
The exposure draft is available until 26 July 2016, and open to any members of the public with an interest in project management.
PMI plans to launch the PMBOK® Guide in 10 languages at the same time as the English version, in third quarter of 2017.
Most notably, this edition will include expanded coverage of agile.
New in the sixth edition, each section (or knowledge area) of the guide will have three introductory sections.
- Key Concepts, consolidating information fundamental to a specific knowledge area.
- Trends and Emerging Practices not yet widely used.
- Tailoring Considerations, describing aspects of the project or environment to consider when planning the project.
Other content enhancements include:
- More emphasis on strategic and business knowledge, including discussion of project management business documents
- Information on the PMI Talent Triangle™ and the essential skills for success in today’s market.
The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) contains both a standard (The Standard for Project Management) and a guide within the same book.
- The standard describes the processes, inputs and outputs that are considered good practices for managing projects.
- The guide expands on the standard with additional information on key concepts, emerging trends, and tailoring considerations, as well as tools and techniques used in project management.
The standard section, which was exposed for comment earlier this year, provides the foundation for the PMBOK® Guide. All other information in the PMBOK® Guide is aligned with the Standard for Project Management.
PMI Talent Triangle, PMI and PMBOK Guide are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.