ESI’s top 10 trends for project management include:
1. Agile expands in Singapore, Japan and Hong Kong.
2. Portfolio management continues to take center stage with PMI’s new credential.
3. Whether they like it or not, project managers are learning to learn through virtual learning.
4. EPC companies admit they didn’t invent project management and seek professional help.
5. Think implementing one PPM tool was hard? Companies now need two!
6. Servant leadership makes a comeback, and not just in Agile.
7. Benchmarking takes on greater urgency as competition heats up.
8. Organisations, dissatisfied with their project management performance, will radically change their approaches to get back on track.
9. Even with high unemployment globally, key project management jobs will remain hard to fill.
10. Project and programme managers will be asked to spend more time “leading” rather than “managing” their teams.