Arras People launch a second event in London for project management professionals who are thinking about making the move from permanent employment to becoming a contractor.
The event takes place on Wednesday 5th June from 6.00pm to 9.00pm in the City near Cannon Street.
This seminar has been created for senior experienced practitioners due to the increase in project management professionals moving from full-time employment to contractor / consultant roles. There has been an increase in the demand for practical advice on making a successful transition.
Making this move is often seen as high risk – leaving a salaried role for an immediate future filled with uncertainty. To make a successful transition project management practitioners have to consider a variety of factors.
It pulls together 3 different perspectives – training, trade association and recruitment to share their observations and explore what this means, including:
- Exploring the difference between contracting vs consulting
- Advice and insights into making the move
- Change management, leadership and “softer skills” required to meet the expectations organisation
- Concrete plans Project Managers can start to make before leaving employment
- Get equipped and ready with practical tips on areas like CV, websites, LinkedIn etc