The Project Manager (PM) is increasingly presented with projects « beyond borders ». Beyond borders relates to both geographic location and organizational aspects.
Projects beyond geographic location borders bring together team members based in different countries and from different cultural backgrounds. These virtual, non-colocated teams represent a managerial challenge, especially from the communication point of view.
Project teams beyond organizational borders are part of other disciplines or areas of expertise within the same organization or in collaboration with other organizations.
During the PMI Benelux day we aim to provide answers to the following questions:
- How can the Project Manager manage virtual teams more effectively in projects beyond borders?
- How can the Project Manager turn cultural differences into cultural opportunities when managing a project beyond borders?
- How can we communicate more effectively as a Project Manager within projects beyond borders?
- What kind of tools & techniques can the Project Manager use to be more efficient within projects beyond borders?
- How do we motivate project teams beyond borders?
Details and registration at http://www.pmibeneluxday.org/